Being able to blacklist certain people on social media is incredibly useful, but it can be frustrating if you are on the receiving end and don’t understand why or how it happened.
If you think you have been blocked on Instagram, don’t worry: you are not the first person to be blocked on social media and you certainly won’t be the last.
There are a number of ways that you can find out if you have indeed been blocked or not, so let’s get into it!
Basically, this is how you can tell if someone has blocked you Instagram:
- You cannot see the user when you search for them
- You cannot see them in your followers or following
- Their posts do not show up
- You can’t see their Instagram Stories
- Even if you send them a message, they will not receive it
- They will not see your posts
- They will not see your comments on other posts
- Their DM disappears (if you had previous messages from them)
How To Find Out If Someone Has Blocked You
Sometimes people just delete their account, or Instagram can sometimes ban accounts.
When this happens the signs above will show the same symptoms as when someone blocks you.
This is only one way to know for sure, and it works like this:
- First search for them from your own account, if you don’t see them they may have changed their user name so make sure you search for other names as well.
- Next ask someone if you can use their account to search for the user, or use another account if you have one.
- Search for the account and if it shows up on the other users account then there is a good chance you have been blocked.
This is not the only way to find out if you really have been blocked, but we have found it to be the easiest and the most reliable way.
What Can I Do If Someone Blocked Me On Instagram
Unfortunately, there is not a lot you can do in this situation, as the system is designed to protect users who block others, and rightly so.
If however, you think that you may have been blocked accidentally, and it is someone you know, get in touch on another social media platform and ask them what the deal is.
Sometimes it may have been a mistake and all is well, they can unblock you from their end.
If however, it was a genuine block, this is your chance to rectify the situation and find out what went wrong.
Bear in mind, if you have upset or harassed this person, they are well within their rights to do so and you probably deserve to be blocked.